Top 5 Things
After a long year away that found most of us hunkered down, working from home and discovering all the house improvement projects that needed to happen, the Jacksonville Home + Patio Show returns to the Prime Osborn Convention Center for its spring edition, with special Memorial Day dates May 29-31 2021.
The show comes back to the market amid a home improvement boom –home-related projects are up nearly 58% over last year, according to Houzz – and many consumers are eager to spend on upgrades and renovations.
With so much to see and do, what’s the best way to plan your visit? Here are our top five must see, not-to-miss features at the show:
1. Food Truck Rally. First things first -- you’ve got to fuel up while you’re taking in the show. The show is hosting a local food truck rally with community favorites on Saturday, May 29 and Monday, May 31 with plenty of socially-distanced, outdoor seating.
2. Shop, Compare and Save. When you’re investigating a home project or purchase, the amount of info available is helpful – but often overwhelming. The show is a one-stop shop where you can talk to local experts at the same time, in the same place to help find which has the best inventory, schedule, fit and price for you. Past show guests unanimously agree this is one of the most invaluable benefits of show attendance.
3. Pet-A-Palooza. With so much more time at home during COVID 19, many added a new furry family member/co-worker/security system in the form of a new pet. There are many deserving dogs and cats looking for forever homes, so on Sunday, May 30 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Animal Care and Protective Services (ACPS) is hosting Pet-A-Palooza at the show.
4. Hero Day. As a small show of gratitude for everything – but especially going above and beyond during the past pandemic year – Friday, May 28 is designated as Hero Day. Retired and active duty military, EMTs, nurses, healthcare workers, firefighters, police and more receive complimentary admission to the show. Spread the word to the heroes (who are also HGTV junkies) you know!
5. Teachers Featured. On Sunday, May 30 the show gives a big virtual hug to area teachers in the form of free admission. All educators with a Valid ID at box office get to enter the show on us.
Guest wellness protocols will be in the place at the venue, from handwashing and hand sanitizer stations throughout the show floor. All show staff will be wearing masks, and masks are strongly encouraged (though not required) for all attendees and vendors. Social distancing is also encouraged, with onsite signage to remind guests. A complete guide to guest wellness as well as tickets and additional information can be found here:
May 12, 2021, 18:18 PM